Thursday, March 3, 2011

Manual Override Foudation/Concealer Review and Swatches

I am an America's Next Top model fan and as some of you may know Jay Manual has his own line of cosmetics. He used to sell his concealer on QVC and I had been tempted to purchase it on a few occasions but never did. I decided to purchase it because I've been wanting a different concealer since my Estee Lauder double wear is almost gone. Not wanting to miss a bargain I purchased various things on his website.

I'd like to say I had a really hard time taking pictures of the swatches. (I probably need a new camera) but I thought it would look best on paper. The only problem is it really does not capture the pinkish tone in the concealer but the foundations are pretty good. At least it gives you a good idea before you buy. If I would have known how dark the tan is I would have never bought it but I never found a picture of the tan foundation.

Here are the things I purchased: manual override conceal in medium, Zone Specific Foundation in Medium and Tan, and The Essentials Kit in Medium.

Here is the description on the items from his website. http://manueloverride.com/

Conceal in Medium: A unique character that delivers a creamy yet dense veil of pigment that instantly disguises imperfections on the face and shadows under the eye area. Conceal lasts all day and does not settle into lines, wrinkles, and pores.

Zone Specific Foundation: Each Compact contains two shades of foundation in the same shade palette. Zone Specific foundation is a unique concept, formual and technique that works to eliminate the mask effect of traditional foundation. Two shades of cream foundation create the illusion of even skin tone and deliver perfect coverage. (Both foundations include a foundation brush and it's fabulous)

First let me say that the foundation is a lightweight cream foundation. The foudation is creamy and blends very well. I used my ELF powder brush to stipple the foundation on my face and it blended well. I am a MAC NC 37-40 and I was pleased that the medium foundation has yellow tones in it. The darker side of the medium I can probably use for the summer but what I did was contour with the darker foundation. The concealer I'm still not sure about. The one good thing is the tube is huge. You get 1 oz. You probably can't tell by the pictures but it does have a pinkish tone to it and it is very sheer. I have dark circles and I have fine lines and it seemed I'd have to pack it on for it to give me full coverage. My fav is still my Eve Pearl Corrector. I'll see if I can use the concealer in other areas of the face but I don't know if it will work since it has a pinkish tone to it.

Okay the best part of this whole post is wait for it..... Each item was $10.00 and of course it does NOT include shipping. But hey, where can you find a concealer that is 1 oz for ten bucks??? And the foundation came with the brush for that price as well. All of his items are $10.00 on his site. I bought the essentials kit and will be reviewing that in the next couple of days. I think I'm going to buy the concealer in Light, radiant dimension powder in medium with brush, and the natural face kit.



No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter