Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation and Powder Review and Swatches



I have been a little hesitant in writing this review because I know that the Maybelline FIT ME foundation is not new it's been out for a while. But I thought I'd share my review with you anyway.
According to the Maybelline website this is what is says: No oils, no waxes, no nonsense, Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be…fresh, breathing, natural, Exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow skin's natural highs and lows to show through, Non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested

 I like the concept about having many different choices of color. My MAC foundation color is NC37 or NC40 depending on the time of year. I do have a yellow undertone to my skin but I also have the problem of red cheeks. When I tried the FIT ME I chose the color 220 in Natural Beige because it had the right amount of yellow for me. I also bought the Compact Powder because I figure if it was designed to match why not? Plus CVS had a BOGO offer. At the time I tried it my face was clear (Right now my left cheek is breaking out due to hypothyroidism). The consistency is fairly thin and easy to apply. The coverage is medium. If I would have had any blemishes this foundation would not have covered them at all without a heavy concealer. I applied it with my fingers and then blended it a little more evenly with my Sonia Kashuk foundation sponge. The coverage was Ok. I then applied the powder with a powder brush. My face seemed ok, not flawless but good enough for me. The color which is the most important for me was actually pretty good, good enough for a drugstore brand. However, my good review ended there with the good color match. I have combo skin and after about the 3 hr mark my face started to get oily. I blotted and then applied more powder. I did that about every 3 hrs or so. I went home and then washed my face as usual. Well, the next morning my face had broken out. UGH.....The only thing I used different was the foundation and powder my routine stayed the same. I would not recommend this for anyone with combo or oily skin and if you have sensitive skin (acne prone, etc) I would stay away. I returned both items to the Drugstore for my money back. Oh well back to trying to find a drugstore foundation that no only matches but also covers without making me breakout. What is your favorite drugstore foundation?

No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter