Monday, April 2, 2012

Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Blush Review & Swatches





Physicians Formula has let me down in a couple of recent purchases and to be honest I thought this one was going to be another one of those items. I was pleasantly surprised to find this was a good purchase if worn sparingly. I'll get to that a little later. I bought it at CVS on sale for like 40% off and it had a coupon attached to it. It was not a bad deal at all. I picked up the color Natural 7559. According to the package it instantly matches you in 60 seconds. It has a 14 hour wear and it has a PH power complex to transform into your perfectly personalized hue. One cool feature it has is that the compact lights up with LED lights. So in case you want to touch up at night you now have light.
So in other words it's going to be the perfect match for your skin tone every time you apply it. And if you apply it on someone else the effect will be different. OK, so let's try it and see the verdict.

It has some shimmer to it on the outside edges but once that is gone the blush is a little shimmery but not too much you don't really notice it. It has no smell which is nice. I applied it with a MAC blush brush. I did not know how it was going to adapt to my skin tone so I applied it very lightly. And with the first application it was very natural. I guess it matches it's name Natural. To be honest, I did not see it change color from the way it was on my hand to the application on my cheek. I swatched it on my hand various ways, lightly and a a heavier swatch as well. The pic of my hand is a heavier swatch. In my opinion it's just like any blush you put on. If you want to look like a clown you will over apply blush, no matter what color it is. But if you apply it lightly it will look good. I do like this blush very much and for the price you can't beat it. Every blush will look different on everyone just like a foundation and concealer will. It did last an 8 hour day but I did not test the 14 hour wear that it claims to have. It's a very natural pink blush that I do think will look good on everyone. Just be careful when applying it, I do think that it has the potential of looking too pink form some skin tones, especially the lighter ones. 
I'm curious to try their matchmaker powder.

No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter