Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Summer Treat Lip Balms



I've been into lip balms lately because my skin has been extremly dry. I bought a Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment and Rose Petal Hydrating Lip Balm from Salma Hayek's new line Nuance. I think both of them are great but I do like one a little more than the other.

Josie Maran's Argan Lip Treatment: This naturally age-defying lip treatment restores your lipsyouthful fullness with a concentrated dose of firming, plumping power. Infused with nourishing Argan Oil and natural plant pigments, this potent anti-aging solution renews suppleness, leaving lips lush and line free.
First, I give the container a very enthusiastic thumbs up. I really like it, it looks like my little pot of lip gold. The color it gives is very sublte ( a light pink) and looks like my lips just better. It also does not have a heavy texture and feels good on the lips like I have nothing at all. It does smell like roses which I like. It does not taste like anything.I really like this for going out and I guess you can call it a lip balm but because it has a light pink color to it I won't wear it to bed. You can buy this at the Josie Maran website here for $18.00. The one on her website has no color to it so, I'm assuming this one can be multi use as well. Mine is in the color Sweet Pea which I purchased from QVC in a kit.

Salma Hayek Nuance Rose Petal Hydrating Balm:
This intense moisture balm with evening primrose oil helps soothe irritated skin and provides long-lasting moisture for chapped lips, rough cuticles, cracked elbows and other dry patches. Evening Primrose rich in essential fatty acids, helps condition skin ease irritation. Shea butter helps provide lasting hydration for soft smooth skin. I really like the packaging on this too, it's a tad bigger than the JM Argan Oil one. This one is 0.265/ or 7.5 grams and the JM is .24oz. It does smell like roses but it has a softer sweeter smell than the JM one. This one has a more luxurious feel to it and is more balm like. It's thicker because it can be used anywhere on the skin. I can compare it to the C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve. It smells the same and it's almost the same texture. Unlike the JM Argan Oil which can only be used on the lips, this one can be used on cuticles, lips and basically anywhere you have dry skin. You can buy this at CVS for $7.29.

The final verdict I like them both but Salma's wins by a little because it's multi-tasking. Both items are Paraban Free. Do you have a favorite lip balm?





No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter