Sunday, August 28, 2011

Highlighters

I think that the use of highlighters in a makeup application is important if you know how to use them correctly. I prefer the use of liquid highlighters rather than compact highlighters. I like the using my fingers because I feel I can control the application more, than with a brush. I know that many people like MAC's mineralize skin finishes. I like them too but I do think that those require a special application, I have one and I will review it with my other compact highlighter from Mally.

My two favorite highlighters are Serious Skin Care Illuminating Infusion Radiant Makeup Base and Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer. Both can be used alone or mixed in with either foundation or a tinted moisturizer.

The one that I use the most with my foundation is the SSC Radiant Makeup Base. According the SSC website: A smooth and radiant makeup base that evens out and illuminates the complexion. Our hydrating formula minimizes the appearance of imperfections with a beautifully smooth finish. Skin looks glowy and more even. Foundation application becomes smoother and easier. Wear alone or under makeup for a subtle but noticeable glow. I find that the SSC can be used as a primer as well, it's very versatile. The SSC has more of a yellow tone to it with a subtle glow. I don't use this to highlight various areas to the face but mix it with my foundation or use it as a base. It gives such a nice finish to the skin. The look is a healthy glow and not unwanted shimmer to the face.

The JM Argan Illuminizer according to the box it came in: An ultra light skin brightener with a hint of bronze, giving skin a radiant, luminous glow that lasts all day. Works to eliminate dark circles with Argan Oil conditions the skin. The universal bronze shade is perfect for any skin tones or skin types. This highlighter has a more gold tint to it and more shimmer. I tried mixing it with my foundation and did not like the look it gave me. It was too shimmery and not with a bronze look either. The pump also dispenses too much product. A very little big goes a long way. I do like to apply this like a traditional highlighter on the bridge of the nose, along the cheekbones, and maybe a little on the temples. It also says you can mix it with a body lotion which I think would be great for applying on the chest and arm area if your going to wear a top or dress to enhance those areas.

Overall, they are both good highlighters. What is your favorite highlighter to use?



You can barely see the SSC which is why it gives such a nice finish.
You can see the JM one is more blended but has more of a gold shimmer to it.

No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter