Monday, October 3, 2011

Salma Hayek Nuance Front & Center Concealer & Brightener




I think other than my quest for the HG of foundation (which I have not yet found) I'm also on the HG of concealer. I usually stay away from drugstore brands because I have not had any luck with any of them. I saw this from the new Nuance collection and decided to give it a try. What caught my eye is that it's on the peachy side. I love my Eve Pearl Salmon concealer and have yet to find a peach at the drustroe aisle. So, I purchased it and forgot about it until a couple of days ago. It's creamy and does have the peach color that my dark circles need in order to hide them or minimize them. I like that it's in the form of a lipstick and that it's in a tube and not in a pot form. It blends nicely and does hide minimize my dark circles. If I have not had a good night's sleep I still need put concealer on top. My fav one is from Estee Lauder the Doublewear concealer in warm/light medium. But on days that I have minimal darkness this does the trick.

Let's move on to the brightener. I find that this does nothing for me. It does not brighten for me at all. I tried putting it on where highlighter normally goes and nothing. For brightening it does nothing but it does help concealing. I've tried it alone under my eyes and it cover slightly. It does have more of a peachy/pink shade but I also need concealer and can't wear this alone.

Overall, I do think it's a good concealer/brightener for the price. And you can't find a peachy color like this at the drug store. If you have minimal darkness that needs concealing you might be able to just use this and the brightener, but if your like me that on certain days you need more coverage you can use this but be prepared to use a concealer as well.

I just purchased the Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles in 50 Neutralizer. I'm going to try to use them together and see the results. I'll have a review for the Maybelline Eraser in a few days.
Have you tried this concealer?

No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter