Friday, October 28, 2011

Review Revlon Lip Butters


I've had these for a couple of weeks and wanted to give them time before I reviewed them. At first, they remind me of the Clinique Buttershine Lipsticks. I LOVE the Clinique Buttershine lipsticks my favorite one is Adore U. Clinique's retail for $14.50 while Revlon's are about half the price. The picture above is from Rite Aid. I bought three, Red Velvet, Berry Smoothie and Creme Brulee. All the colors are really nice and they apply like well, butter. They are really smooth and feel nice on the lips not sticky at all which is nice. They have a nice shine to them as well, not as much as a lipgloss but enough that it makes the color stand out. I've been wearing Red Velvet and Creme Brulee the most and I must say the color holds true with both of them. I especially like Red Velvet even though I have had really bad chapped lips the color glides on and does not make my lips worse. You know that chapped lips and red lipstick do not go together but I have to say that these work well for me.
The colors are really pigmented. Red Velvet is a nice red that goes well with any skin color. It's more of a warm red than blue and can almost pass as a dark berry color and does not have shimmer in it which is nice for a change. Creme Brulee is a nice nude with slight shimmer. It's not too nude where it makes you look dead but can work as a tinted lip balm almost but it's not as thick as a lipbalm is. Berry  Smoothie is a nice subtle pinkish hue with some slight golden shimmer to it when it hits the light a certain way. This color will be gorgeous for the spring.

My final thought is that I love them and I will buy more colors. I will buy them when they have BOGO or when some has them for 40% off. Great lipstick, good staying power (about 4 hrs) and nice consistency. I like the packaging as well.



No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter