Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Stila Color Balm Lipsticks & Swatches


I purchased these at IMATS. I saw them and I thought ehh, I don't think I want them. I had not swatched them yet but what drew me to them was this color called betsey. I walked around and did not think about them again, until we were about to leave. Betsey kept calling my name and I walked over and swatched them. I was in LOVE..

Let me tell you a little something about why I do not like Stila lipsticks. Back in the day before the brand was sold the lipsticks used to last about 4 to 6 months and then started to smell funny and the textures changed. The old cardboard packing did not help that either. I had about 4 lipsticks and ALL of them turned ugly. Since then I vowed never to buy Stila lipsticks again.

Well, what a couple of years make and the brand being sold. These are not their regular lipsticks and they are not in cardboard packing either. I don't think they even sell regular lipsticks anymore do they? They are cute and even have a mirror on the top of the tube. I am hoping they are not the same formulation as the previous lipsticks they had but I doubt it since these are labeled balms.

From their website:

A modern take on traditional lipstick, this creamy lip color provides the full pigment load of a lipstick, yet delivers the nourishing properties of a balm. Featuring a luxe, satin finish, this formula offers excellent color payoff while phyto-derived emollient properties deliver hydrated, healthy lips. Naturally cooling peppermint oil provides a fresh and rejuvenating sensation on the lips, while an exclusive certified organic sunflower-based polyglyceride soothes, smoothes, and adds volume and definition to lips.

We've pre-launched multiple shades, with more to come!

Features & Benefits:

  • Luxuriously creamy and hydrating formula with excellent phytoderived emollient properties
  • Certified organic sunflower based polyglycerides hydrates and smooth lip contours, while adding volume and definition
  • Naturally cooling peppermint oil is an emollient-rich botanical that provides excellent antiseptic and astringent benefits with a refreshing tingle that both soothes and stimulates irritated lips
  • Knocked-out Stila logo on cap, color-matched to the shade within for easy at-shelf navigation
  • A handy mirror on top of the cap for easy application on-the-go

Now, they are right on the full pigment these lipsticks do pack a punch of color. When you apply, they apply easily and you will smell peppermint which is smoothing to the lips. I purchased Betsey and Amelia. Betsey is a bright magenta pink on the tube and when swatched you can see it has a blue tone magenta pink to it. I cannot wear it full on from the tube because it is bright. I did apply slightly as more of a stain and I LOVED it. It did last about 4 hrs without having to re-apply. Amelia is a pink as well but more toned down and it is a medium pink. They are creamy and smooth and feel wonderful on the lips and they are cooling on the lips as well. My lips are a little chapped right now and Amelia looks better than the Betsey because even though they are a balm they will emphasize dry spots.
The packaging is super cute. They have a mirror and the inside lining of the lipstick is the same shade as the lipstick. The outside letters that say STILA are also the same color of the lipstick.
Overall, this lipstick deserves a B because I'm hoping that they will last at least 6 months without changing. Why 6 months, because I am a lipstick addict and have so many that I  need time to try them out.



No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter