Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Favorite Red Lipsticks of 2012



I love red lipstick, I have worn red lipstick since High School and probably will continue to wear it when I'm an old lady. However, there are reds, then there are reds. For those who wear red lipstick, you know what I mean. Not all reds go with every skin color and sometimes instead of brightening your face it can make you look funny. I like blue reds and warm reds. I tend to stay away from orangy reds because I don't like them. Here are my favorite reds in no particular order. Although every time I wear Cover Girl's Everlasting Imortalite I get compliments (every time). Everlasting is more of a dark brick red, the formula is ok and does last about 4 hours without eating or drinking anything.
There are two colors that are not reds but I put them on there because they are worth a mention. I wear Bobbi Brown Berry 11 and BE Moxie Dare Devil either together or alone. Bobbi Brown's Berry is a color so versatile that it needed to be mentioned and the formula is amazing.

  • Cover Girl Everlasting Immortalite - dark brick red
  • Cover Girl Hot Passion - bright red
  • Kat Von D Adora- medium foiled red has gold specks to it (beautiful color)
  • Estee Lauder  Red Velvet Matte- blue matte red
  • MAC Russian Red Matte- cool matte blue red
  • Bobbi Brown Berry 11- slightly pinky berry color
  • BE Moxie gloss Dare Devil- dark berry shade
Notable mention ELF has a their $1 lipsticks and I LOVE LOVE Posh. I have a swatch of it and it's the most creamiest pinky red that you will own. Sometimes it looks pinky red, then it might look brick red. For a dollar it's not bad at all.








No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter