Tuesday, December 11, 2012

BareMinerals Light Show Swatches


I had been wanting the holiday palette from BareMinerals, I just did not know which one. There was Light Show and White Hot. I decided to go to the BareMinerals boutique to test them out. To my surprise White Hot was only sold at Ulta and Sephora. After buying the Light Show on my way out I stopped at Macy's and saw White Hot and was glad I had chosen Light Show. It was $39.00 but it just so happened that they were having their friends and family sale and I got an extra 20% off of that. I also had to buy their new bareminerals ready foundation (I will review that later).
 
Light Show has 4 eyeshadows, 1 blush, 1 bronzer, 1 small eyeliner and one small lipgloss.
 
The eyeshadows are Spotlight a shimmery white, Flash a matte plum color, dazzle a shimmery green/turquoise color and flicker a shimmery coppery color.
 
The blush is a light pink that can be layered for a darker color and the bronzer can also be layered for a more intensified look. I was afraid the bronzer was going to be on the orange side and it is not.
 
The eyeliner in 10 pm is a dark brown which complements the shadows and the lipgloss is a shimmery nude color.
 
The value cannot be beat. Their pressed eyeshadows are good quality and last when you put a primer on. I'm not a huge fan of their loose powder bronzers so hopefully this does not turn orange on my skin. I have to admit that I am just not a big fan of loose pigments. I jumped on the mineral bandwagon a couple of years ago, but hated the whole lose concept. I'm glad that they are now pressing their makeup. I wish everyday minerals would do the same.
 
This can be easily taken on a trip and you would have everything to create a daytime look and a smokey look for night time.  


No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter