Thursday, February 23, 2012

L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm Review & Swatches



I love Winter and at times I wish it would never end, but I don't like the effects it has on my skin. I end up with dry skin including really badly chapped lips and the heels of my feet can feel like cheese graters at times. I know to much info but it's true. The only thing that makes them soft is Vaseline but does not make the dryness go away. So, I've been forced to change my beauty routine from foundation, to eye shadows and applying cream blush and finding lipsticks or balms that are moisturizing. I find that the more scent and pigment something has the less moisturizing it is to my skin. I've been applying Nivea's A Kiss of Smoothness, Salma Hayek's Rose Petal Hydrating Balm reviewed here, and Blistex's Revive and Restore. I'll post a review later of Revive and Restore because it's helping my chapped lips a lot.

I purchased the colors Nourishing Nude 818 and Rose Elixir 218. Rose Elixir looked like a gorgeous color and Nude seemed like a safe color choice. I was intrigued by the world Balm on these tubes. Balm to me means moisture. According to L'oreal's website it's a tinted lipbalm with SPF 15 that provides a hint of luscious color for a full 8 hours of continuous hydration. I figured that I would review these while my lips are really dry so that I can test the full effect of the continuous hydration.

The Good:
  • The packaging is very nice, it feels like a luxe lipstick
  • The texture is that of a balm and does feel moisturizing
  • It has SPF 15
  • The colors are sheer but can be buildable
The Bad:
  • If your looking for super pigmentation these are not for you
  • The two that I have Rose Elixir and Nourishing Nude photograph the same and there really is no noticeable difference when I wear them
  • They do not last 8 hrs of continual moisturizing
There really is nothing bad to say about these because they are balms. They go on super soft and do make my lips feel super soft. They are glossy and on my lips show up like a clear glossy balm. If you compare them to the Revlon lip butters (which you should not they are totally different) and the Maybelline Baby lips the only thing about all three is that they claim to be moisturizing for your lips and between these and the Maybelline Baby Lips these stay on longer. If your looking for moisturizing and pigmentation go with the Revlon Lip butters. If your looking for a balm that gives you color go for the Baby lips, and if your looking for a super lightly tinted balm with sheer color go with this one.

No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter