Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Review Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream


I may be late on the BB cream band wagon but I'd figure late is better than never. I was really hesitant to try this because I had already tried another BB cream and I was NOT a fan of that one. I tried the Missha Perfect Cover in the number 21 and the color was way off. I saw this at Walgreens and thought that if I did not like it, I could always return it. It comes in two colors, light/medium and Medium/Deep. I bought medium/deep hoping it had enough yellow in it to even out my skin. For reference I'm a MAC NC35 right now and during the summer NC40.

According to the box: Instantly renews, brightens, evens and hydrates. It has Vitamin C and Mineral pigments. The box also says it's dermatologist tested for safety, won't clog pores, it's gentle on skin and it's non greasy. It does contain sunscreen SPF 15. It's a miracle all in one product with results you can see and feel instantly. Skin appears airbrushed, beautifully smooth and even. It's light weight and comfortable texture blends perfectly into skin for a sheer flawless finish.

The Pros:
  • Has SPF 15
  • Nice sheer application
  • Feels smooth on the skin upon and after application
  • Does even out the skin tone
  • Has a dewy finish
  • Good for dry to combo skin
The Cons:
  • Not for Oily skin
  • Limited Colors
  • Not for skin with yellow undertones
  • It is floral scented


 The consistency comes out a little thick on the tube, but is sheer when blended. I don't really have a bad thing to say about this BB cream but I hate it when the color selection is so limited. I think a Light, Medium, and deep would be nice but a Medium with yellow undertones would even be better. This one is more on the beige/pinky shade. You can mix it with foundation but then that defeats the purpose of this being an all in one cream. If you have great skin or have skin that needs a break from foundation due to blemishes then this is for you. I'd recommend this in the Spring and Winter months as oppose to the hot months because in my opinion it won't hold up. In my opinion this is very similar to a tinted moisturizer.

No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter