Monday, January 2, 2012

Review Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Lipstick


I'm a sucker for cute packaging and anything pink, include some hearts and I'm there especially with makeup. I have the PF Happy blush and I like the color payoff and it does make me happy to put it on. What caught my eye on this packaging was that it says luminous color + lip boosting effect. I'm not sure what lip boosting means but OK I'll give it a try. There were two colors a pink and nude and I chose the nude. This is what the back of the box says:

Look Happy! Gives lips a boost of Happy Color
Rich color glides on with luminous shine and all day comfort for a happy glow.
Lip boosting formula with collagen boosting peptides smoothes lips so the look plump, healthy and luscious.
Three complementary shades blend together for a kiss of glowing color to boost your mood.

Feel Happy! Experience the Mood Boosting Effect
Infused with our Happy Boost Blend featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
The sweet scent and flavor of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.

Well that was a mouthful. So, not only does it plump the lips with peptides it actually boosts my mind with endorphins and the Violet smell will make me happy as well. WOW heck yes, I want to try this wonderful lipstick. OK here is the review

The Good:

  • The packaging is the cutest I've ever seen and the marketing strategy is genius.
  • This is Hypoallergenic and Paraben Free.
  • There are two shades a pink one and a nude one
  • The heart on the lipstick makes me happy.
The Bad:
  • The color is suppose to be nude when it's actually a bright pink coral shade.
  • The texture is horrible it's suppose to plump up the lip and upon first application it felt chalky.
  • If you have dry lips Stay Away from this, it will accentuate dryness on the lips.
  • Upon second application it felt more smooth but the texture is still bad.
My verdict is for you to stay away from this and not purchase it at all. I tried applying this with lip balm to see if it would work and it did not. The pictures are the best that I could take and the last one seems like it is moisturizing but it's not. The color reminds me of what a grandma would wear, bright pink coral that just makes her lips look 100 times worse. It was suppose to make me feel happy and I'm not happy. I'm mad at PF right now. I purchased two new items and both were bad. This will be going back and I might try one of their new mineral wear powders and see if I have better luck there.



No comments:

Protected by Copyscape Web Copyright Protection Software
blog counter